Nailexpert by Wartner eliminates nail fungus
What is nail fungus?
- Nail fungal infections are typically caused by dermatophytes (80 to 90% of cases), yeasts and molds
- Most common infection of the nails (50%)
- More than 18% of the population suffers from nail fungus
- Infection with nail fungus occurs more often on toenails than on fingernails
- There exist several triggers: humidity, occlusive footwear or repeated nail trauma
Nail fungus or onychomycosis
Fungi are microscopic organisms that do not need sunlight to survive. All of the organisms live in warm, moist environments, including swimming pools and showers. Fungi can invade skin through tiny invisible cuts or through small separation between the nail and nail bed. They can survive if nails are continually exposed to warmth and moisture.
Fungul nail infections usually look unpleasant. You may have a nail fungal infection if one or more nails are:
- Distorted in shape
- Dull, with no luster or shine
- Discolouration (yellow, brown, white)